21 Day – Corporate Fast
Join us in our annual time of fasting. As a church body, we have embraced this time of year and we have seen the hand of God bless it.
Matthew 6:16 – Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
- It is expected of the believer. Jesus says when ye fast, not if ye fast.
- The key is be sincere when you fast.
We call it a corporate fast because that is what Esther asked for when she was facing a critical decision.
Esther 4:16 – Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.
We fast for 21 days as that is what Daniel did while seeking the Lord
You will notice in the quote below that our prophet also had an intention to fast. We truly believe that fasting is still an essential part of the Christian experience. We realize that everyone is different ,so fasting may be different for all. After reading the quote below, you will see that we have listed different types of fasting as well as scriptures to support it. We trust that you will pray about joining us on this spiritual journey and may God draw you closer to him as you embrace this time of feasting with the Lord.
PARADOX_ JEFF.IN V-15 N-8 SUNDAY_ 61-1210
73 And then when he did that, that Voice said, “Now, you must be more sincere than what you are to do this.” Then it left me, and I was standing in the room.
A few moments I heard a clock go off, and my wife had got… getting up. The children, you know how it is, I guess, at your house, one, “What am I going to wear today, mama? Where, where are my books? And what did I do?” You know. You, just like any home, you can’t hear yourself think, hardly, for all of them trying to get ready at once.
75 And–and so I slipped off into the den room, and I got down on my knees, and I said, “Lord Jesus, I don’t know these things. And what must I do? And the children will be calling me to take them to school in a few moments. What must I do?” And I looked around, and my Bible was laying there, and I said, “Lord, if You will forgive me…” I do not believe in just opening up the Scripture, and taking something out of the Bible and saying that, but there is times that when God can comfort you by such a thing. And I said, “Lord, in this case of emergency right now, before Your Spirit leaves me. And I–I don’t know what to do. The kids will be a hour yet, before they’d be gone. Would You just show me? If that was something You’re trying to get to me, heavenly Father, then let me know.”
76 And I took this Bible and just pulled it open like that, and my thumb was laying at I Corinthians the 5th chapter, the 8th verse, when something reads something like this. “When you come…” I was planning on taking a fast to the Lord. I told Him I’d go out and fast. Said, “When you come to this feast…” Which, a fast in the body is a feast with the Lord. We know that. “So when you come to this feast, don’t come with the old leaven or the leaven of malice, and so forth; but come with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth,” just exactly what He had told me in the vision. “Come…” God is my solemn Judge. “Come with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth, that is the Word.” Then I seen what He meant. As He…
77 Years ago, when I seen the Bible come down (I got it wrote right here.), come down; and a hand came from heaven and pointed down to Joshua, and read the first nine verses, and stopped there. That’s Joshua, come to the wilderness, but never did… He was ready to… When he got near Jordan, God called him out, said, “This day I’ll begin to magnify you before the people.” And then he took the children of Israel across Jordan to the land where–give them, divided to them, the promised land.
- Types of fasting
- 1 day – only eat breakfast and fast through the other meals.
- Fasting until 3pm – the prophet did this on Tuesday and Friday
- Full Fast
- Partial Fast
- Daniel fast – 21 days (no meats, sweets, or treats – Daniel 10:1-3)
- Juice only fast
- Water only fast
- Specific food or activity
- Total fast – no food or drink
- Fasting can release those that are bound
- Matthew 17:14-21
- Fasting for protection, direction, or answers to prayers
- Ezra 8:21-23, 31 (Read note on Ezra 8:21-23. The note on Ezra 8:25-27 stated that one talent was worth 20 million, they had 650 talents)
- Judges 20:26 (seeking answers for battle against Benjamin)
- Fasting in sincerity, will produce repentance
- I Samuel 7:3-14 (They received divine intervention)
- Jonah 3 (delayed the judgment of God in Nineveh; later destroyed in book of Nahum)
Tips while fasting:
- Limit your activity.
- Exercise only moderately. Walk one to three miles each day if convenient and comfortable.
- Rest as much as your schedule will permit.
- Prepare yourself for temporary mental discomforts, such as impatience, crankiness, and anxiety.
- Expect some physical discomforts, especially on the second day. You may have fleeting hunger pains, dizziness, or the “blahs.” Withdrawal from caffeine and sugar may cause headaches. Physical annoyances may also include weakness, tiredness, or sleeplessness.